CAMPFIRE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Pineapple Upside-Down cake is an old-fashioned favorite and this recipe makes it easy to make this a fun camping treat!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Serving Size: 1
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 shortcake dessert shell
- vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Tear off a 12×12-inch square of nonstick aluminum foil.
- Mound the brown sugar and butter in the center, followed by the pineapple slice and maraschino cherry. Top with the dessert shell, flat side up.
- Fold in the sides of the foil and seal to form the packet.
- Grill for 12-13 minuted over medium-high heat.
- To serve, flip the cakes over. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
You can also make these without a grill by baking them in a 450 degree oven.